Friday, January 15, 2010

the first entry

Along with the beautiful freedom which currently graces my post-university life, there comes a feeling of imminent, inevitable adventure. Part of this feeling undoubtedly stems from the fact that I happen to have several "planned" adventures for the coming year. I have also been encouraged by several friends to start blogging. In short, this seems like a suitable time to begin collecting my experiences and impressions somewhere that they can be shared and enjoyed. As with all "planned" adventure, there comes the even more exciting spontaneity of everyday life - both at home and abroad. It is this unexpected adventure that I most eagerly anticipate.

I've always felt that every blog that's worth reading (or writing!) should have a concrete goal or theme right from the outset. That's not to say that there can't be some variation in content, but I'm personally a fan of maintaining a common thread. To ensure that I don't run myself into any corners, I've taken the liberty of making my theme broad enough to accommodate any number of experiences :)
One of my favourite quotes (attributed to Denis Waitley) reads, "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude." It is with this idea in mind that I set out to see the world as it truly is: full of love, grace, and gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. Ali, I love that you are doing this! I can't wait to hear about all the adventures you embark on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I love it!!! You're such a good writer and I can't wait to read more about what you're doing in the coming months :) It was fun seeing you yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete