Friday, March 19, 2010

A Seattle spring

I'm well overdue for an update!
March began the right way, with two days of bliss at Whistler. Fresh powder, blue skies, and a luxurious place to stay with my wonderful King City relatives!

I'm home in Seattle, enjoying sun-filled days and basking in the most free time I've ever had. Coming off of two months of continuous activity, this time is both an adjustment and a blessing. There are certainly days when my 21-year-old-recent-graduate-ready-to-spread-my-wings side kicks in, and I am reminded that this is a time to practice patience and selflessness. There are also days where I feel so busy I'm not sure how I'd fit much else in.

So what am I doing? I'm interviewing for part time, short-term jobs and taking Zinny for her three daily walks. I'm running through Woodway and doing loads of laundry. I'm being a homebody and loving some quality family time. I'm washing dishes and beginning to appreciate what it takes to run a household. Perhaps not the most creative, stimulating work - but the past couple of weeks have been humbling, peaceful, inspired, and joyful. I'm grateful to have a bright, warm place to live and to be provided for while I'm "in between" adventures. I'm beginning to realize that the adventure doesn't stop, it just keeps unfolding!

With just twelve weeks to go before Africa (and a roadtrip, friend's wedding, three trips to Vancouver, camp work weekend, 10km Sun Run, and sister's graduation to attend to before that), I can rest assured that there will be no shortage of adventure coming my way. Even better, I am realizing the good that comes out of every day, and that erases the need to wait for fun!

This weekend I head to Victoria to reunite with some of my dearest friends on beautiful Vancouver Island...

No comments:

Post a Comment